Process capability is a process for determining appropriate metrics to describe how well a process delivers what the customer wants. The best-known indicators are the process capability indices cP and cPK, which are defined in relevant standards. Both values indicate how reliably a process achieves the given goals and specifications.
Benefits and objectives
The benefits of the training for the participants is learning about the process capability index and evaluating it. Participants learn how to calculate these indices with a user-friendly software (Minitab®) and – very importantly – learn which conclusions can be drawn from this for the purpose of process optimization.
The one-day training
The one-day training deals with the common indicators for describing the quality of processes (Cp,CpK, Cm, others). The training not only teaches how to determine the various key figures, but also takes an in-depth look at the evaluation and interpretation of the key figures. It therefore teaches participants how these key figures can be used to improve processes.
The training first of all clarifies processes that follow a normal distribution. On the basis of practical examples, key figures for good and bad processes are determined and evaluated. Processes that do not follow a normal distribution are then explained.
The short and long-term process capabilities are discussed, evaluated and compared.
In addition, process capabilities are also determined and clarified for faulty units too and for the number of faults, using practical examples.
- Practical examples with suitable software (Minitab®)
- Characterization of processes with the help of process capability
- Comparison of various processes with one another
- Calculation of the Six Sigma process capability (Sigma level)
- Calculation and evaluation of the traditional process capability key figures cP and cPK
- Links of cP and cPK to the Sigma level
- Calculation of the process capability of data that does not follow a normal distribution.
- Use of the concept of rational sub-groups and use for the purpose of process improvement
- Process capability analysis for faulty parts and quantity errors
- Interpretation of statistical measurements
- 1 day
- Extensive training documents in printed format
- Photographic documentation of the flipcharts & workshops being presented
- Secure and fault-free determination of process capability indices according to the norm
- Evaluation of the process capability index
- Use of the indices for process optimization