The machine FMEA is used to analyze machines and tools that are produced in small quantities using the FMEA. This method is particularly suitable for machines with specific requirements and a small quantity, where it is not possible to carry out extensive evidence and validation with a larger number of prototypes (machines) before production.
Objectives in detail:
The Machine FMEA is used to achieve the following objectives:
- Identification and evaluation of potential failures and their consequences
- Determination of potential causes
- Development of prevention strategies/measures to achieve robustness.
FMEA in 7 steps
1. Step: Planning and preparation of the machine FMEA
2. Step: Structure analysis of the machine FMEA
3. Step: Function analysis
4. Step: Failure analysis
5. Step: Risk analysis
6. Step: System optimization of the design of the machine
7. Step: Results documentation
Participants will be able to:
- Successfully participate in FMEA analyses for machine FMEA as “topic experts”
- Prepare for a future FMEA moderator role.
Basic knowledge of the previous FMEA methodology